Time for some fun, this Wild West Wednesday. That’s James Garner sitting under the black hat in the front row…
Maverick – 1994 movie – staring Mel Gibson and James Garner with Jodie Foster – Wikipedia.
Maverick – TV series – staring James Garner – Wikipedia.
Maverick TV series theme song lyrics:
James Garner, April 7, 1928 – July 19, 2014 – Wikipedia. He was born here in Norman, Oklahoma. That’s me standing in front of his statue in Norman in August 2008. Click on image to see full size…
Ending this fun posting with some personal history notes:
- President Trump wants to cut Social Security Disability Benefits – force people with disabilities to go back to work. Old school thinking – if you don’t work then you don’t eat, no exceptions. Maybe I can learn how to “live on jacks and queens” like in the Maverick song?
- I’m 61 now. I can switch from disability to early retirement in another year – age 62 – earliest allowed for partial benefits. Trump, upper class blue book social snob, promised to not touch Social Security Retirement Benefits. That’s his current budget plan. Could take a while before it is approved. More likely to be modified by Congress before it goes into full effect.
- Trump promised to bring jobs back to the US from other countries and create new jobs here, from which new tax revenue can be used to fix Medicare and Social Security, as well as to fix infrastructure.
- After nearly 30 years of employment – 5 part time during school years since age 14, and 25 full time as an adult, my health abruptly failed. I could not get effective health care. So I my condition became worse until I could no longer work, lost nearly everything, and became homeless. Then I qualified for aid I’d previously been denied. A city-county nurse and a city-county social worker helped me to apply for disability benefits.
- Then I moved to Norman, Oklahoma in May 2008, where I’ve planned to spend the rest of my life. Born in Wichita, Kansas, 5 March 1956.
- Health care was good until around 1991, and then administrators and government took too much control away from doctors, dealing themselves in for a cut of the big medical money pie while dealing out patients. Money first, health care last – if any at all. A vulture culture, the Please Die Quickly health care plan from Trump to replace the just as nearly useless ObamaCare. Doctors dropping Medicaid and Medicare for failing to pay as agreed. Only doctors can provide care, and the government coverage for the care is failing. I’m surviving on old home remedies now.
Amazing Grace lyrics:
Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.
’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
’Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.
The Lord has promised good to me,
His Word my hope secures;
He will my Shield and Portion be,
As long as life endures.
Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.
The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who called me here below,
Will be forever mine.
When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we’d first begun.
Presented by Jim Lantern in Norman Oklahoma USA
Wild West Wednesday – 31 May 2017
+ + +