This Special Report posting may be added to, edited, and updated.*
From CBS News…
- Last Updated Dec 23, 2016 7:25 PM EST.
- Carrie Fisher went into cardiac arrest on a flight from London to Los Angeles amidst her book tour, a law enforcement source told CBS News.
- Several people who were on the flight tweeted that they saw the veteran “Star Wars” actress receive CPR from passengers who may have been nurses. The plane was then met by paramedics at LAX who provided advanced life support and aggressively treated the patient.
- United Airlines said that medical personnel met United flight 935 from London to Los Angeles upon arrival Friday and after the crew reported that a passenger was unresponsive. Sources have told CBS News that Fisher was that patient.
- TMZ first reported that Fisher had gone into cardiac arrest. The Los Angeles Times reported that Fisher was in critical condition.
- Fisher’s brother, Todd Fisher, said late Friday that she was “out of emergency” and stabilized at a Los Angeles hospital Friday afternoon. He said he could not discuss any other details about what happened.
Carrie Fisher – Wikipedia Article.
Age 60, (same as me born 5 March 1956), she was born 21 October 1956.
From CBS News – Dec 23, 2016 10:56 PM EST: Todd Fisher said Friday night that his sister is receiving excellent care, but that he could not classify her condition. He had earlier told The Associated Press that she had been stabilized and was out of the emergency room. In a subsequent interview he said many details about her condition or what caused the medical emergency are unknown.
ABC News, 24 Dec 2016 – Other celebrities react to condition of Carrie Fisher.
Special Report by Jim Lantern
LANTERN TIMEGLASS JOURNAL
7:00pm CT Friday, 23 December 2016
+ + +