Alert: FBI Hunting “Ahmad Khan Rahmi” scum-of-the-earth terrorist Wanted for NY NJ Bombings
7:00am CT Monday 19 September 2016
- CHELSEA, Manhattan (WABC) —
- THe FBI has released a wanted poster for a 28-year-old suspect in Saturday night’s Chelsea bombing.
- The man, identified as Ahmad Rahami, is either a current or former resident of Elizabeth.
- Sources tell ABC News that authorities believe ALL of this past weekend’s incidents are connected — Seaside Park explosion, Chelsea explosion, the unexploded pressure cooker found on
- FBI and other law enforcement descended on an Elmora Avenue home early Monday morning where Rahami either currently lives or used to live.
- “The latest is the FBI with the NJSP is conducting a search warrant at a Fried chicken place over on the corner of Lindon Ave. and Elmore Ave., I expect them to be there for a couple of more hours conducting this search warrant. This search warrant obviously has led to the police from the previous investigation in Chelsea. I don’t know all of the particulars at this time,” Elizabeth Mayor Chris Bollwage told Good Morning America.
- A source says authorities were able to identify Rahami with help from a cell phone left behind with an unexploded pressure cooker found on West 27th Street, blocks away from the explosion.
- The five people detained up by the FBI on Sunday night on the Belt Parkway may be relatives of the suspect. The suspect was not apprehended in the traffic stop.
- Mayor Bill de Blasio said Rahami could be armed and dangerous.
- 27th Street, and the devices found/detonated at the Elizabeth train station. One source says still unclear if this is the work of one suspect (potentially with unwitting associates), or the deliberate work of a broader group.
+ + +