Editorial Article by Jim Lantern, Centrist Independent (unaffiliated) Voter
Sunday 28 August 2016
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” ~ Benjamin Franklin.
How Trump might solve Crime, Terrorism, and Illegal Immigration Issues
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump vowed Saturday 27 August 2016 to deport “criminal illegal immigrants … within one hour” of his inauguration on Friday 20 January 2017 if he is elected on Tuesday 8 November 2016.
Pressed on how he would deport 11 million undocumented immigrants from the country, Donald Trump said he would build a “Deportation Force.”
Excerpt from Trump’s speech at the Republican National Convention…
- “Our convention occurs at a moment of crisis for our nation. The attacks on our police, and the terrorism in our cities, threaten our very way of life. Any politician who does not grasp this danger is not fit to lead our country. Americans watching this address tonight have seen the recent images of violence in our streets and the chaos in our communities. Many have witnessed this violence personally, some have even been its victims. I have a message for all of you: the crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon come to an end. Beginning on January 20th 2017, safety will be restored. The most basic duty of government is to defend the lives of its own citizens. Any government that fails to do so is a government unworthy to lead.”
Excerpts from The Hill, 29 July 2016…
- Trump would give back military gear to police.
- Donald Trump says he would allow police access to military-grade equipment if elected, reversing limits imposed by President Obama last year after civil unrest in Ferguson, Mo.
- Obama last year implemented new limits on sending military supplies to local law enforcement from federal agencies or with federal funds. The partial ban covers tracked armored vehicles, armed aircraft, bayonets and guns, and ammunition of .50 caliber or higher.
- The gear is often too costly for police departments to purchase on their own.
- Other equipment such as drones, firearms and riot gear must be approved by local governments.
Excerpts from Real News Right Now – Politics (about 4 weeks ago)…
- Trump Announces Plan to Federalize American Police Departments.
- Less than twenty-four hours after accepting his party’s nomination and delivering the longest acceptance speech in nearly four decades, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump unveiled his plan to restore law and order in America, which he bleakly described as being under siege by illegal immigrants, the Islamic State, and race-related violence.
- “We’re going to put an end to that,” Trump said during a post-convention interview with The New York Times. “We’re going to federalize every police department in this country. We’re going to eliminate the red tape and it’s going to give police the ability to do their jobs effectively and, believe me, this is something that’s going to happen within my first one hundred days in office.”
- Under Trump’s plan, city and state police departments would fall under the umbrella of the Department of Homeland Security and would therefore be granted broad authorities to enforce the law. “They’re going to receive the best weapons, training, and resources this country has to offer,” Trump promised. “We’re going to put an end to jurisdictional restrictions and increase police capabilities in terms of surveillance and the use of deadly force. Not only that, we’re going to eliminate this so-called standard for probable cause; it’s very limiting and, frankly, outdated. Our police forces are going to have much more freedom in terms of who they can arrest and why.”
- Trump compared his proposal for a federalized police force to similar operations in countries like Brazil and Mexico where armor-clad federal police are able to travel freely between cities and counties and have the support of military-grade vehicles and weaponry. “It’s going to be very similar to what you see in Rio de Janeiro where they have a very serious gang problem,” Trump explained. “You look at Chicago where they have dozens of people being killed every week. Well, I will tell you, we’re going to get very tough in Chicago and in places like that. We’re going to – in my first hundred days – we’re going to send several thousand police into that city and clean it up like you wouldn’t believe and, you know what, people will be very happy.”
- In a highly anticipated acceptance speech delivered on the final night of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio, on Thursday, Donald Trump spoke of a nation in crisis, plagued by the looming threat of terrorism and domestic crime, and vowed, as president, to “restore law and order.”
The only way Trump can accomplish all he has claimed he will do and within such a short amount of time is to…
- Declare Martial Law on 20 January 2017. “Martial Law is the exercise of government and control by military authorities over the civilian population of a designated territory – an extreme and rare measure used to control society during war or periods of civil unrest or chaos.”
- Militarize police – arm police with military weapons, including those recently taken away from police by President Obama after the Ferguson conflict.
- Increase the powers of the police – exercised by legislative and executive branches of states through the enactment and enforcement of laws – power to compel obedience to laws through whatever measures they see fit, provided those measures do not infringe upon any of the rights protected by the United States Constitution or in the various state constitutions, and are not unreasonably arbitrary or oppressive – methods of enforcement can include legal sanctions, physical means, and other forms of coercion and inducement.
- Suspend the Bill of Rights – the collective name for the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution – including Miranda Rights.
- Federalize police – creation of a National Police Force, including the Deportation Force.
- Deport all illegal immigrants and criminals – rather than warehousing them in camps or prisons at the expense of taxpayers, or banish them to a location from which escape or return is not possible [similar to the idea presented in the 1981 dystopian movie Escapee from New York].
- For national identification and national security fingerprint and photograph all U.S. citizens, and all other people who are not citizens within the United States – immigrants, foreign students and workers, plus all other visitors.
- Expand the government contracts established by the Obama Administration between the U.S. government and Experian (headquarters in Ireland with branches in United States) for identification confirmation and related national security.
- Use the Experian super-computer in Allen Texas with the NSA super-computer in Utah to help establish Experian’s globalization goal for its “Single Source of Truth” and “Single Version of Truth” with use of a worldwide electronic currency (single source – banning use of cash and other means) within the United States – going to a thumbprint and/or fingerprint pad system for identification and for making all purchases – including food and water – for which no one within the United States can purchase without use of the thumbprint and/or fingerprint identification system [comparable to the biblical “mark of the beast” – the “Classical Greek word charagma (χάραγμα), translated as mark (of the beast) in Revelation 13:16 can also mean any mark engraved, imprinted, or branded; stamped money, document or coin.”]
History, progress of potential country control and world rule…
- A country whose military force controls the land [Army] will control the country and can rule the world.
- A country whose military force controls the seas [Navy] will control the country and can rule the world.
- A country whose military force controls the air [Air Force] will control the country and can rule the world.
- Next was to be control of low earth orbit and outer space.
- Those who control the flow of money will control the country and rule the world.
Most businesses are not managed like democracies. They are managed like totalitarian dictatorships. Trump rules his business empire. He knows no other means of management, and will transfer that experience in business to management of the government and in turn the country and its citizens. He is known to admire dictators of other countries. Trump will become Dictator of the United States, if elected President on Tuesday 8 November 2016. He will do so by controlling the flow of money, and with use of a combined military and national police force.
If Hillary Clinton is elected President on Tuesday 8 November 2016…
- She will expand the government contracts established by the Obama Administration between the U.S. government and Experian (headquarters in Ireland with branches in United States) for identification confirmation and related national security, to include control of the flow of money and all purchases, as well as access to health care by all Americans and all other people within the United States.
- She will terminate the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution to take guns away from all citizens and all other people within the United States, except for a federalized national secret (plain clothes) police force (apart from normal uniformed police).
Hillary Clinton is not a Progressive Liberal Democrat. She is a Totalitarian Statist, who as President will function like an Orwellian dictator.
If Gary Johnson, a Libertarian and former Republican – twice elected Governor of a blue Democrat state – is elected President on Tuesday 8 November 2016…
- All personal freedoms and rights will be assured, and the U.S. Constitution will be maintained.
- As the U.S. government (and taxes to maintain it) is reduced in size, the U.S. military will be reduced and limited to direct defense of the United States against foreign threats.
- Police powers will continue to be limited to and controlled by individual states, as more criminals go to diversion and rehabilitation programs instead of being warehoused in prisons at the expense of tax payers.
In March 1775, at the third Virginia convention, held in St. John’s Church in Richmond, to discuss relations with Great Britain, Patrick Henry made his timeless “Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!” speech.
Now in 2016, Clinton and Trump represent paths leading to death of freedom as we know it. Johnson represents the path to maintaining our liberty.
Alternate History imagined in a dystopian future in past science fiction action movies…
Introduction to Escape from New York:
Escape from New York – Wikipedia article.
Sequel to Escape from New York – Introduction to Escape from LA:
Escape from LA – Wikipedia article.
The “wall” Trump will build . . . under the claim to keep them out . . . will also keep us in?
Alternate History by science fiction author Robert A. Heinlein, and the warning about United States elections 2012 and 2016…
IF THIS GOES ON—
Excerpts from Wikipedia article…
- “If This Goes On—” is a science fiction short novel by Robert A. Heinlein, first serialized in 1940 in Astounding Science-Fiction and revised and expanded for inclusion in the 1953 collection Revolt in 2100. The novel shows what might happen to Christianity in the United States given mass communications, applied psychology, and a hysterical populace. The novel is part of Heinlein’s Future History series.
- The story is set in a future theocratic American society, ruled by the latest in a series of fundamentalist Christian “Prophets.” The First Prophet was Nehemiah Scudder, a backwoods preacher turned President (elected in 2012), then dictator (no elections were held in 2016 or later).
There has been a threat from extreme far right conservative Christian fundamentalists to establish a theocracy in the United States. Even so, the present greater threat comes not from conservatives or liberals, but from statists – who favor a totalitarian government – comparable to the government in George Orwell’s novel Nineteen Eighty-Four. I believe that to be the danger if Hillary Clinton is elected President of the United States. She is not a liberal progressive Democrat. I have no doubt she is a statist. As for religion, however, I do not believe the present threat is coming from Christians. The obvious threat is from Muslims – mainly Sunni Muslims – within which is “radical Islam” – seeking to establish a Caliphate: “A caliphate is an Islamic state. It’s led by a caliph, who is a political and religious leader who is a successor (caliph) to the Islamic prophet Muhammad. His power and authority is absolute.”
The following paragraphs have been excerpted from the 1986 Baen Book printing of Robert A. Heinlein’s novel titled “Revolt in 2100” –from the story titled “If This Goes On—”:
- Successful revolution is big business – make no mistake about that. In a modern, complex, and highly industrialized state, revolution is not accomplished by a handful of conspirators whispering around a guttering candle in a deserted ruin. It requires countless personnel, supplies, modern machinery and modern weapons. And to handle these factors successfully there must be loyalty, secrecy, and superlative organization.
- I was kept busy but my work was fill-in work, since I was awaiting assignment. I had time to dig into the library and I looked up Tom Paine, which led me to Patrick Henry and Thomas Jefferson and others – a whole new world was opened up to me. I had trouble at first in admitting the possibility of what I read; I think perhaps of all things a police state can do to its citizens, distorting history is possibly the most pernicious. For example, I learned for the first time that the United States had not been ruled by a bloodthirsty emissary of Satan before the First Prophet arose in his wrath and cast him out – but had been a community of free men deciding their own affairs by peaceful consent. I don’t mean that the first republic had been a scriptural paradise, but it hadn’t been anything like what I had learned in school.
- For the first time in my life I was reading things which had not been approved by the Prophet’s censors, and the impact on my mind was devastating. Sometimes I would glance over my shoulder to see who was watching me, frightened in spit of myself. I began to sense faintly that secrecy is the keystone of all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy . . . censorship. When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, “This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know,” the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything—you can’t conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.
- My thoughts did not then fall into syllogisms; my head was filled with an inchoate spate of new ideas, each more exciting than the last. I discovered that travel between the planets, almost a myth in my world, had not stopped because the First Prophet had forbidden it as a sin against the omnipotence of God; it had ceased because it had gone into the red financially and the Prophet’s government would not subsidize it. There was even an implied statement that the “infidels” (I still used that word in my mind) still sent out an occasional research ship and that there were human beings even now on Mars and Venus.
- Maybe someday the United States would have space ships again.
A message from Rod Serling, creator of The Twilight Zone…
Excerpts from V for Vendetta movie…
+ + +