Politics – Updated Page
Posted by Jim Lantern, 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time – Wednesday – 29 July 2015
[Originally published Monday 27 July 2015]
POLL: Hillary Clinton vs Top GOP Candidates – If 2016 election held today, who would you vote for?
- Hillary Clinton – U.S. Secretary of State 2009–2013; U.S. Senator from New York 2001–2009; presidential candidate in 2008; First Lady of the United States 1993–2001.
…OR, one of the Top Declared Republican (GOP) Presidential Candidates recognized and reported by the mainstream news media and Wikipedia [A-Z order]:
- Jeb Bush – Governor of Florida 1999–2007; Florida Secretary of Commerce 1987–1988.
- Ben Carson – Former Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery for Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Chris Christie – Governor of New Jersey since 2010; U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey 2002–2008.
- Ted Cruz – U.S. Senator from Texas since 2013; Solicitor General of Texas 2003–2008.
- Carly Fiorina – Former Hewlett-Packard CEO 1999–2005; California Senate nominee in 2010.
- Lindsey Graham – U.S. Senator from South Carolina since 2003; U.S. Representative from South Carolina 1995–2003.
- Mike Huckabee – Presidential candidate in 2008, Governor of Arkansas 1996–2007; Chairman of the National Governors Association 2005–2006; Lieutenant Governor of Arkansas 1993–1996.
- Bobby Jindal – Governor of Louisiana since 2008; U.S. Representative from Louisiana 2005–2008.
- John Kasich – Governor of Ohio since 2011; U.S. Representative from Ohio 1983–2001.
- George Pataki – Governor of New York 1995–2006.
- Rand Paul – U.S. Senator from Kentucky since 2011.
- Rick Perry – Governor of Texas 2000–2015, presidential candidate in 2012, Lieutenant Governor 1999–2000, Commissioner of Agriculture, 1991–1999.
- Marco Rubio – U.S. Senator from Florida since 2011; Speaker of the Florida House 2007–2009.
- Rick Santorum – U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania 1995–2007; U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania 1991–1995; presidential candidate in 2012.
- Donald Trump – Business magnate; Chairman of The Trump Organization since 1971.
- Scott Walker – Governor of Wisconsin since 2011.
Vote for Hillary Clinton, or vote for one of the listed Republican candidates. Poll includes Undecided, Different Democrat Candidate, Different Republican Candidate, Independent Candidate (Unaffiliated), or Third Party Candidate. Poll will remain open until 31 October 2015.
Thanks for participating in this poll.
Readers may use the Like button and the Sharing buttons under this posting. Readers with WordPress Sites may Reblog this posting. Comments, Contact, or Feedback may only be via Twitter – Jim Lantern @TimeglassZone.
+ + +