Jim Lantern reporting
10:30 a.m. PT – Tuesday 26 May 2015
Great Flood of 2015 – May – South Central United States
CLIMATE – WEATHER – FLOODS – DISASTER…
Links to Related Articles:
- At least 2 dead after flooding leaves Houston under water – USA Today.
- Houston is under water after 11 inches of rain and devastating overnight floods – Washington Post (blog).
- Catastrophic flooding hits Texas and Oklahoma – Washington Post.
Links to Special Consideration:
- Hurricane Season 2015 – “The Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30 with the peak period from early August through the end of October. The Atlantic basin includes the entire Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico.”
- Hurricane Prediction Season 2015
Links to Current Weather Reports and Forecasts with Flood Warnings:
- Wichita Kansas
- Oklahoma City
- Norman Oklahoma
- Dallas Texas – Issued by The National Weather Service- Dallas/Fort Worth, TX – Tue, May 26, 10:12 am CDT… THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR THE TRINITY RIVER AT DALLAS. * AT 0900 AM TUESDAY THE STAGE WAS 36.99 FEET. * FLOOD STAGE IS 30 FEET. * MINOR FLOODING IS OCCURRING AND MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST. * FORECAST… THE RIVER WILL CONTINUE TO SLOWLY RECEDE THROUGH LATE IN THE WEEK TO A STAGE NEAR 31 FEET BY THE WEEKEND.
- Houston Texas – Issued by The National Weather Service – Houston/Galveston, TX – Tue, May 26, 10:13 am CDT… FLOOD WARNING EXTENDED UNTIL WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON… THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR CYPRESS CREEK AT GRANT ROAD * UNTIL WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON… OR UNTIL THE WARNING IS CANCELED. * AT 0945 AM TUESDAY THE STAGE WAS 118.1 FEET. * MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST. * FLOOD STAGE IS 122.0 FEET. * FORECAST… THE CREEK IS EXPECTED TO RISE ABOVE FLOOD STAGE THIS EVENING WITH A CONTINUED RISE TO NEAR 122.5 FEET OVERNIGHT. * AT 122.0 FEET… MINOR LOWLAND FLOODING BEGINS IN THE VICINITY OF THE GAGE.
I was born 1956 in Wichita Kansas. I lived in Norman Oklahoma from 3 may 2008 to 2 May 2015. I now live in Reno Nevada.
While living in Wichita, during the years 1998 to 2002, I had a series of extremely vivid dreams (or nightmares) about a massive natural disaster in the South Central United States. The event began with excessive heavy rains with flooding (like what is happening now in May 2015) in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. In the series of vivid dreams, the flooding rains began in May – but the year was not revealed in the dreams. Then in June came a Category 4 Hurricane pushing water from the Gulf of Mexico into already flooded Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas north to the Nebraska border. The flood became nearly 200 miles wide. The flood water became deep enough for Coast Guard ships to reach Wichita and rescue people trapped in downtown buildings tall enough to be above the flood water – measured to be about 50 feet there (10 feet higher than most utility poles). From space, it looked like a new inland sea. After the storms, after the sun finally returned, it took 2 months for the flood water to recede. In the dream it left what appeared to be several feet of sand and displaced soil covering the ground, which then took 2 to 4 months for the cleanup. About 6 years for the rest of the recovery process.
Texas Floods: Rivers Rising, More Rain on the Way as Search for Missing Goes On
Rivers are still rising and more rain is on the way for Texas as the grim search wears on for victims of historic flooding. In Wharton, an hour outside Houston, hundreds of people were being asked to leave their homes on Thursday…
+ + +